With CONTENS, you administer structured and unstructured content by means of a standardized interface in your browser. Custom modules or already existing applications can be integrated as well. Besides the connection with user directories, you are also provided with a powerful API for access to central CONTENS functions with external applications. Content can be outputted in almost any digital format.
1. Resources of content
Structured as well as unstructured information can be managed using the CONTENS Metadata-Model:
- Structured information such as press releases, product data reports, biographies, employment opportunities etc.
- Unstructured information such as images, documents, flash, video clips etc.
2. Editing and publishing
- Due to the standard CONTENS user interface, content can be entered directly (e.g. WYSIWYG-Editor) or imported (e.g. Word-documents), managed or prepared for dispatch.
- Editors are supported by a number of helpful and established functions which allow a fast setup and an efficient operation of your online-projects (e.g. link integrity check)
- Due to the central management and the free group/role organisation, administrators have to deal with significantly less administrative work whilst profiting from maximum security.
3. CONTENS modules
In order to expand your content management strategy, CONTENS-Standard or in-house applications may be incorporated at any time. These applications can also be provided with access to CONTENS functions such as Scheduler or Publishing.
- What's New
- Search (in structured and unstructured data)
4. Connection of external systems
An open, high-performance interface allows access to other data sources such as user alignment (Active Directory, LDAP), but also to link other repositories (Product databases, SAP-Gateway, etc.), or make contents available.
5. Publishing / Delivery
- The contents may be published as necessary to various web servers (e.g. Intranet/Extranet).
- Templates guarantee a uniform corporate design during publishing.
- A customized module allows target group-specific publication, as well as protecting files and information against unauthorized access.
6. Output formats
Through crossmedia publishing, entered data may be used in a wide variety media. The data can be especially adapted (e.g. text length, image size), or remain unchanged and also continue to be accessible:
- The contents can be processed statically (HTML, PDF...), dynamically (CFM, PHP, ASP, etc...) or also hybrid.
- Any number of formats (HTML-,Print-,PDA-version, etc.) may be output simultaneously.